Sunday, August 12, 2007

Magic System

As some of you know already, I have a sort of fascination with the local pop music in the different countries I visit. I try to find out as much as I can about the stuff I hear in bars and restaurants, in taxis, on buses, on the radio, and on T.V. One of my absolute favorite “finds” over the years is Magic System, an Ivoirian group who’s now gotten pretty popular in Europe. One of their more recent hits is called "Un Gaou A Oran", which you’d discover has an embarrassingly high playcount if you looked at my iTunes today. Imagine my pleasant surprise when the first time I switched on the Nigerien television the video above came on within the first few minutes. And it’s a pretty sweet video, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this music. Give us more.