Thursday, October 25, 2007

DoTS

I know I've mentioned the movie Death of Two Sons to a lot of people over the past few years, and I'm about to mention it again. This is a documentary directed by a guy I went to high school with who was a Peace Corps volunteer in Guinea and produced by a guy who was a volunteer I overlapped with for just a few months in Cote d'Ivoire. It's about the notorious shooting of African immigrant Amadou Diallo by New York City police officers and the lesser known death almost exactly a year later of Jesse Thyne, the Peace Corps volunteer who lived with Diallo's family in a village in Guinea.

They're releasing the movie on DVD on October 30th, which you can buy through their website or on Amazon. It's also available on Netflix, so I'd encourage you to add it to your queue.

Update. You can read a short review of the movie from Variety Magazine here.

No comments: